The workshop, which was conducted in
Although the material to create such a syllabus is available online directly from Blackberry for the registered participants, Blackberry provided a pre-packaged software development kit for those who attended the workshop.
For the SMEs participating, the aim of the workshop was to help them develop applications on mobile technology and enhance their work portfolios. Also beneficial for the attendees is the opportunity to join Blackberry's global online communities, where they can share and learn from their experiences.
It is important to note that while this particular training workshop was focused on Blackberry development tools, the mobile application development training delivered is generic and is applicable on all platforms, including iOS and Android. It is hoped that the IT instructors attending the Blackberry training session will now be able to teach mobile application development skills to their students, so that the students can better utilise mobile development research labs and work to develop mobile applications.
If the applications meet the standards, Blackberry will support the commercial sales of such apps.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM