ARE you a young musician who is desperate for a wider audience to hear your songs? Yes? Well, this could be your ticket to have your original music heard in one of Llanelli's biggest venues. Ffwrnes theatre is offering an exciting opportunity for young bands to perform in the venue.
If you are young, in band from Carmarthenshire, and write your own original compositions -- you could be performing at Ffwrnes in October. Rhys Hopkin at Ffwrnes said: It is to nurture talent and get young people to come to theatre as well.
Ffwrnes is looking for two bands that are capable of performing a 30 to 40 minute set of original material.
Mr Hopkin said: This is a fantastic opportunity for an up and coming band to gain exposure and build their fan base by performing at this fantastic venue in Llanelli.
He added that should there be interest in young bands gigging at the theatre, it could provoke a shift in the kind of artists performing there in the future.
On October 9 and 10, successful bands will perform one night each in the lobby area of the theatre, ahead of a witty drama I'm With The Band.
I'm With The Band looks into the rupturing career of once acclaimed indie-rock band, The Union.
An Englishman, a Northern Irishman, a Scotsman, and a Welshman, The Union enjoyed commercial success and critical acclaim - but now are on the verge of breaking up.
Can The Union survive when financial disaster, artistic differences, and departures from the band get in the way? Olivier Award-nominated duo, writer, Tim Price and director Hamish Pirie use this production to look at devolution and the relevant issue of Scottish independence.
If your band is interested in opening the show, you can contact Mr Hopkin directly on 01554 744409.
Tickets for I'm With The Band are on sale from Ffwrnes box office for Pounds 10.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages
- Apple: Disney Animation iPad App Best of 2013
- China Provokes Bitcoin Crash
- Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in Atlanta, San Jose