Broadway in Chicago has announced its spring 2014 season. The lineup includes:
* "Ghost The Musical" (Jan. 7-19, Oriental Theatre): A 2012 Broadway adaptation of the 1990 film featuring a score by Glen Ballard and Dave Stewart of Eurythmics fame.
* "Heartbeat of Home" (March 4-16, Oriental Theatre): A new music and dance spectacular by the producers and director of "Riverdance" exploring Irish, Latin and Afro-Cuban music and dance.
* "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" (March 18-30, Cadillac Palace Theatre): The Biblical musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice returns with "American Idol" alumni Diana DeGarmo as the Narrator and her husband, Ace Young, in the title role.
* "Peter and the Starcatcher" (April 2-13, Bank of America Theatre): The five-time 2012 Tony Award-winning stage adaptation of Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson's novel presents a scenario on how Peter Pan became "The Boy Who Never Grew Up."
* "Motown The Musical" (April 22-July 13, Oriental Theatre): The hit 2013 Broadway musical follows the rise of music mogul Berry Gordy.
* "The Wizard of Oz" (April 30-May 11, Cadillac Palace Theatre): A national tour based on the recent London revival of the classic 1939 film with new songs by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber.
* "The Last Ship" (June 10-July 13, Bank of America Theatre): Sting collaborates with Tony Award-winning playwrights John Logan and Brian Yorkey for this world premiere Broadway-bound musical inspired by his childhood.
There are also off-season return engagements of "Chicago" (Feb. 22-March 2, Bank of America Theatre), "Rock of Ages" (March 11-16, Bank of America Theatre) and "Mamma Mia!" (May 13-18, Cadillac Palace Theatre). Subscriptions go on sale Friday, Oct. 11. Call (312) 977-1710 or visit .
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign