The world's largest semiconductor manufacturing equipment maker
"This is a rare equal-footing merger between Japanese and U.S. companies,"
"The semiconductor business entails a huge amount of development costs. But we are going to see significant cost-cutting effects through the merger," he said.
The new company is expected to focus on the area of chip production for smartphones and tablet computers as well as displays.
The new company will have dual headquarters in
It is planned that the new company will be listed on both the
Higashi will serve as chairman of the new company while
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.