Samsung fans in the
The South Korean firm is currently the global leader in smartphone sales and also dominates the
"When we launched the original Galaxy Note in 2011, we created a completely new smart device category. The undeniable success [has] strengthened our conviction that consumers want higher quality features on a powerful yet portable device," said
"The Samsung Galaxy Gear frees users from the need to constantly check their smart devices while maintaining connections."
Analysts and retailers expect both devices to sell well in the
"They've had products that literally fit every budget and palm size. As a result they've ensured they've stayed ahead. Take, for example, the Samsung Galaxy S4. The S4 wasn't about one device for Samsung, but a family of devices, namely the flagship S4 model, the S4 Mini, Active and Zoom," said Ashish Panjabi, the chief operating officer at Jacky's Electronics. "While individually each of them may not have broken records, collectively they've helped Samsung move that much further ahead in the smartphone business."
The Gear is an extension of this family, moving into wearable technology.
"The Galaxy Gear currently requires a Samsung phone to work, which means the GCC region is well placed to be a target market for it. It is clear that customers are prepared to spend significant amounts on desirable, aspirational devices and this device is for the premium markets," said
The Note 3 will be available in nine colours with the 3G edition priced at Dh2,799 and the 4G edition at Dh2,999.
The watch will come in six colours and will set customers back Dh1,199.
Samsung also announced an initiative to focus more on locally produced content. Next year it is launching Samsung Music, a subscription based music streaming service across 14 countries in the Arab world.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash