The world's first compact wearable mobile device, the Samsung Galaxy Gear, will be available in
It is designed like a wristwatch and can be used with the new Galaxy Note 3, which is also out today.
The Gear notifies users of incoming messages, calls, emails and other alerts - and has a built-in speaker for hands-free calls.
Users can also draft messages, create new calendar entries, set alarms, check the weather, take still pictures or video control music played on the paired Galaxy device and even act as a pedometer to track physical activity.
The Gear will initially work only with the new Note 3, but a software update due in the next few months will make it compatible with the Galaxy S3, Note 2 and Tablet 10.
Samsung has high hopes for its new release in
"Our shipments have more than doubled so far this year and we now have a substantial share of the market, which we expect to grow further, powered by the new devices,"
The new Note 3 has a larger and improved screen, more powerful multitasking, longer-lasting battery, 13 megapixel camera with LED flash and S Pen improvements - but is slimmer and lighter than its predecessor.
"The 3GB RAM (working memory) and 2.3 GHz Quad-Core processor (LTE version) are industry leading," said
The Note 3 is available for BD280 (3G) and BD300 (4G). The Gear is priced at BD120. email@example.com
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim