Unlike current solutions that require periodic backups of all the data in databases,
The Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance is massively scalable, allowing a single appliance to handle the data protection requirements of thousands of databases in a data center or region.
Revolutionary New Approach to Data Protection
The Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance:
Prevents Data Loss: Databases continuously ship redo log data to the appliance, reducing data loss exposure to sub-second.
Minimizes Load on Production Servers: Backup algorithms integrated into the Oracle Database send only changed database data to the appliance minimizing database impact. Further, all expensive backup processing activities are offloaded from database servers to the appliance.
Enables Restore to
Enables Autonomous Tape Archival: Optional tape integration sends backups directly from the appliance to tape, offloading resource intensive backup to tape operations from production database servers. This also increases efficiency by enabling tape systems to be used continuously instead of only during off-peak backup windows.
Scales Efficiently: The appliance's massively scalable architecture enables users to expand capacity seamlessly to petabytes of storage, with no downtime.
Secures Enterprise Data: The appliance validates the consistency of all data it receives, and can replicate change data in real-time to another appliance to protect business data from site disasters or corruptions.
"Businesses today can't afford to lose critical data, incur long downtimes, or suffer application slowdowns," said
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response