Citation: "78 FR 58569"
Date and Time:
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Dr.
Purpose of Meeting: To gather information needed to advise the
1. Summary of NSF Mat 2022 report findings--
2. Importance of materials research facilities for US research and economy, including the
3. Biology/biomaterials talk--importance of materials research facilities--Pupa Gilbert,
4. Nanoscience/technology talk--importance of materials research facilities--Stephen Campbell,
5. NSF DMR funded materials facilities, past accomplishments and future potential*
a. Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source (CHESS)--
6. NSF DMR funded materials facilities, past accomplishments and future potential
b. Synchrotron Radiation Center (SRC) at
7. Future of higher harmonic light sources and their applications in materials science--
8. Potential new light sources--overview of field, especially mid-scale accelerator based light sources and compact light sources--
9. Theory and Simulation of materials--what facilities or infrastructure is needed to advance the field faster--
10. International picture--new developments in light sources--
11. International picture--new developments in Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) facilities--
12. International picture--materials synthesis and characterization--Hard Materials--Charles Ahn,
13. International picture--materials synthesis and characterization--Soft Materials--TBD
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2013-23139 Filed 9-23-13;
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim