Murata's World's Smallest Chip Ferrite Bead (on the far right) (Photo: Business Wire)
Murata will be exhibiting this innovative chip ferrite beads at their booth in "CEATEC
With the ever-increasing number of electronic components used in small, multi-band, high-performance mobile devices such as smartphones, there is a growing need for ultra-small components that support high-density mounting. In 2012, Murata developed the world's smallest 008004 size (0.25 x 0.125 mm) monolithic ceramic capacitor and chip inductor. These components are currently mountable, and development of mass production technology is underway, with the goal of offering samples in fiscal year 2013.
Now, thanks to the application of their latest proprietary microfabrication technology, Murata has successfully developed the world's smallest 008004 size chip ferrite bead, which is needed to prevent excess noise in electronic devices. Currently, preparations are underway to begin shipping samples in fiscal year 2014. The 01005 size (0.4 x 0.2 mm), which was the smallest until now, is already widely adopted, especially in high-frequency modules.
“Our development of the world's first 008004 size chip ferrite bead, which is the world's smallest version of an electronic component that is required by various electronic devices, enabled the production of new ultra-small products." says Mr.
The target applications assume mobile phones and mobile phone modules (PA, Wi-Fi, cameras, etc.)
* Chip ferrite bead: A type of EMI suppression filter that uses dissipation in ferrite to eliminate noise generated by electronic devices. It helps to prevent the electronic equipment from malfunctioning.
Murata in brief
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus