VeloView empowers real-time, 3D visualization of LiDAR data from Velodyne’s HDL sensors and is built on Kitware’s ParaView technology and underlying Visualization Toolkit (VTK). The open-source VeloView provides an easy-to-use and modern-style tool for visualization and processing of Velodyne’s data-rich, 3D LiDAR sensors, supporting live sensor streams and run-time display of previously captured data.
The visualization tools in VeloView include a 3D point cloud display with support for custom color maps of variables such as calibrated reflectivities, time, distance, azimuth, and laser ID. 3D data taken over a period of time can be viewed in playback mode at regular, increased or decreased speeds, which is especially useful for applications like autonomous driving, security, and surveillance, where objects move relative to the sensor over time and the playback mode allows users to display changes in the environment as a function of time.
In order to facilitate the broadest use of VeloView and encourage further community involvement, Velodyne LiDAR and Kitware have worked together to release VeloView as an open-source project.
“We are excited to work with Velodyne to develop a product that meets their needs and the needs of their customers,” said
From working with 3D mapping customers to analyze and interact with point cloud data and developing custom PCL plugins for ParaView, Kitware has unique expertise in this field, and is available to consult on custom projects related to VeloView.
To learn more about VeloView, including links to the source code and Velodyne sample data, please visit the VeloView documentation page. To get started right away with the VeloView application, download the free Windows and Mac OS installers from the “Community Contributed Applications” section on the ParaView download page.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/VeloView/prweb11150947.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns