The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A low power maskless inter-well deep trench isolation structure and methods of manufacture such structure are provided. A method includes depositing a plurality of layers over a substrate, and forming a layer over the plurality of layers. The method also includes forming well structures in the substrate, and forming sidewall spacers at opposing sides of the layer. The method further includes forming a self-aligned deep trench in the substrate to below the well structures, by removing the sidewall spacers and portions of the substrate aligned with an opening formed by the removal of the sidewall spacers. The method also includes forming a shallow trench in alignment with the deep trench. The method further includes forming shallow trench isolation structures and deep trench isolation structures by filling the shallow trench and the deep trench with insulator material."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.