Sept. 24--Broadway legend Elaine Stritch will be on a different kind of center stage this week: She'll be at the screening of "Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me" at the 2103 Milwaukee Film Festival.
Stritch will be at the screening at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Oriental Theatre, 2230 N. Farwell Ave.
The movie looks at Stritch's life present and past, and her everyday alive-ness. The 88-year-old actress, who won an Emmy as Alec Baldwin's acerbic mother on "30 Rock," displays "a vitality of spirit even in the most fragile moments," according to the film festival program.
Tickets for "Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me" are still available at the festival's website and at festival box offices.
The 2013 Milwaukee Film Festival begins Thursday, and runs through Oct. 10. The Journal Sentinel is a presenting sponsor of the festival.
(c)2013 the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Visit the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel at www.jsonline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response