THE creator of 1950s drama The Hour had the last laugh after winning an Emmy for the critically acclaimed show which was axed by the BBC after two series.
Abi Morgan, whose other work includes the screenplay for Margaret Thatcher biopic The Iron Lady, won the award for writing in a mini- series or movie. Other winners at the awards were Breaking Bad for best drama, Modern Family for best comedy award, and Liberace biopic Behind the Candelabra for best TV movie.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals