Bluetooth devices featuring the Low Energy version of the specification are referred to as either Bluetooth Smart devices (typically sensor devices) communicating exclusively using the low energy scheme, or Bluetooth Smart Ready devices capable of both low energy and standard communication through a dual radio design. A very long and growing list of Bluetooth Smart Ready devices exist, including most recent smartphones, tablets and laptops. This means that Bluetooth Smart devices are capable of communicating with a host of devices right from product launch, avoiding the typical “the-chicken-or-the-egg” syndrome.
Prevas’ experience from ultra-compact custom electronics, used for instance in intelligent credit cards, goes hand-in-hand with the technological benefits from industrial standards optimized for real-life applications. A recent example is meeting the extreme energy saving requirements of our intelligent powered cards in credit card format developed for Cardlab. In this application, Bluetooth Low Energy is used for receiving wide variety of card data including financial and access control data from a smart phone app.
“Using commercially available System-On-Chip (SOC) solutions is the optimal approach for most of our designs, as the shortest route to the target, in turn imposing the lowest risk in the development project. Several such solutions incorporating Bluetooth Low Energy are available. For instance, we find that SOCs are even applicable for our state-of-the -art compact electronics”, comments
Henrik MØller, President, Prevas A/S E-mail: email@example.com, Mobile: +45 2949 9202 About Prevas With cutting edge expertise in embedded systems and industrial IT,
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Gay Athletes Part of U.S. Sochi Group