AT&T is exploring opportunities to monetise some or all of its remaining mobile tower assets. In a statement, the company said that any deal was dependent on achieving the appropriate long-term operating terms and conditions to enable it to maintain its mobile network quality and capabilities. The company also expects to report record smartphone sales for the third quarter, driven by strong customer response to new marketing programmes, new devices and the 4G LTE network. It expects Q3 smartphone upgrades to be higher year over year, similar to Q2 2013, and expects to grow its smartphone base by more than one million in the quarter. The company continues to invest aggressively in the Project VIP network expansion, and as a result continues to see strong U-verse sales. The company expects to reach 10 million total U-verse subscribers by end-Q3. AT&T will release its full Q3 2013 financial results on 23 October.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs