Sony which is trying to regain its smartphone market share and compete with highly popular Samsung galaxy series phones has launched its water resistant Xperia Z1 in
Sony Xperia Z1 which was unveiled at IFA 2013 in
Xperia Z1 seems to be the upgraded version of Xperia Z with a faster processor, stronger body and higher camera resolution. Sony Xperia Z was launched six months back.
Xperia Z1 features a 5-inch LCD display with 1920x1080p resolution and Triluminous technology. The device runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) and is powered by 2.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB RAM.
It comes with 16GB internal storage and supports microSD expansion up to 64GB. The connectivity options include 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0 and NFC.
Xperia Z1 comes with shatterproof and scratch resistant glass and large 3,000mAh battery which the company claims gives talk time of up to 15 hours.
Sony is offering free 8GB data download on
Before this Sony had launched high-end Sony Xperia Z Ultra with 6.4 inch display. Sony Mobile which has recently announced that it will try to grab the number three spot in the world smatrphone market in 2013 after Apple and Samsung is relying highhopes on Xperia series.
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition