Walmart will hire 55,000 seasonal employees for the holidays this year, the company said Monday.
Walmart also said it is expanding opportunities for its workers, putting 35,000 temporary workers into part-time positions and moving another 35,000 to full-time up from part-time.
The company did not have details on how many Central Florida jobs would be affected.
People can apply at their local stores.
Original headline: Walmart hiring 55,000 for holidays, moving workers into full-time positions
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels