ENP Newswire -
Release date- 19092013 -
The event at the Payload Hazardous Servicing Facility is an opportunity to photograph
There will be two opportunities to photograph the spacecraft on
Because of the limited number of people permitted in the cleanroom, only two representatives from a media organization will be allowed to participate. No more than 20 participants will be allowed to sign up for each of the two opportunities, which are on a space-available basis.
All media must RSVP for this event no later than
U.S. news media requiring credentials also must apply for accreditation by
Individuals entering the cleanroom where the spacecraft is being prepared for launch must follow procedures for optically sensitive spacecraft. Full cleanroom attire (bunny suits) will be furnished and must be worn. Perfume, cologne and makeup are not allowed. Long pants and closed-toe shoes must be worn. No shorts or skirts will be permitted.
Photographers will need to clean camera equipment under the supervision of contamination-control specialists. All camera equipment must be self-contained, and no portable lights will be allowed. Non-essential equipment, such as suede, leather or vinyl camera bags or other carrying cases, must be left outside the cleanroom.
No notebook paper, pencils, or click-type ball point pens are permitted. Cleanroom paper will be provided. No food, tobacco, chewing gum, lighters, matches or pocketknives will be allowed. Use of wireless microphones and cellular telephones is not allowed inside the cleanroom. Electronic flash will be permitted. The lighting in the facility is high-pressure sodium (orange).
For more information about the
Goddard Space Flight Center
[Editorial queries for this story should be sent to email@example.com]
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up