For the first time in the country, the
In the world,
Rasekh added that biobank is an infrastructure necessary for progress in biology and biotechnology. The bank established by RIPI is one of the best adhering with international standards and contains microbes that could be cultured.
Rasekh said, The tests conducted by RIPI microbiology and biotechnology group includes molecular biology, industrial microbiology, environmental microbiology, biochemistry, fungus and anaerobic. More than 25 qualified researchers are contributing to the biobank. He added, The main task assigned to this databank is to support oil biotechnology projects including identification of biochemical and molecular structures as well as short-term and long-term identification of microbes. In this databank, most microbes have been separated from oil fields in the country.
He added, Preserving biodiversity is in fact safeguarding bioreserves in the country for the future generations. Therefore this biobank plays a significant role in the country s independence.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change