Sept. 24--Sean Covel, one of the producers of the 2004 film "Napoleon Dynamite," is a late addition to this week's South Dakota Film Festival.
At 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Covel will share his experience with funding an independent film. Covel and Jeremy Coon, also the executive producer, were the producers of "Napoleon Dynamite," one of the most successful independent films of all time.
Covel has homes in Hill City and Los Angeles. He is the author of his next film, "Matt Epic," which he will direct. When not filming, Covel teaches independent film business at the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts and guest lectures at a number of universities and film festivals internationally. Covel holds an undergraduate degree from the University of Nebraska at Kearney and a master's of fine arts from the University of Southern California's Peter Stark Producing Program.
(c)2013 the American News (Aberdeen, S.D.)
Visit the American News (Aberdeen, S.D.) at www.aberdeennews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse