Mexico, Sep. 20 (Notimex). - The meeting between U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden and Mexican ministers has begun with a call to strengthen trade along the common border.
Mexican officials at the gathering are Jose Antonio Meade, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Luis Videgaray, Finance Minister.
Welcoming the participants, Videgaray Caso stressed the need of a safer and more efficient border aimed at facilitating trade and free movement of people. He added that the relationship between Mexico and the United States is wide and deep, but that it also provides greater opportunities for both nations.
After this meeting, the U.S. Vice President will meet with Enrique Peña Nieto.
(c) 2006 Notimex, S.A. de C.V.
Original headline: Vice President Joe Biden meets with Mexican officials
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast