Mexico, Sep. 20 (Notimex). - The meeting between U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden and Mexican ministers has begun with a call to strengthen trade along the common border.
Mexican officials at the gathering are Jose Antonio Meade, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Luis Videgaray, Finance Minister.
Welcoming the participants, Videgaray Caso stressed the need of a safer and more efficient border aimed at facilitating trade and free movement of people. He added that the relationship between Mexico and the United States is wide and deep, but that it also provides greater opportunities for both nations.
After this meeting, the U.S. Vice President will meet with Enrique Peņa Nieto.
(c) 2006 Notimex, S.A. de C.V.
Original headline: Vice President Joe Biden meets with Mexican officials
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security