Mexico, Sep. 20 (Notimex). - The meeting between U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden and Mexican ministers has begun with a call to strengthen trade along the common border.
Mexican officials at the gathering are Jose Antonio Meade, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Luis Videgaray, Finance Minister.
Welcoming the participants, Videgaray Caso stressed the need of a safer and more efficient border aimed at facilitating trade and free movement of people. He added that the relationship between Mexico and the United States is wide and deep, but that it also provides greater opportunities for both nations.
After this meeting, the U.S. Vice President will meet with Enrique Peņa Nieto.
(c) 2006 Notimex, S.A. de C.V.
Original headline: Vice President Joe Biden meets with Mexican officials
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief