Mexico, Sep. 20 (Notimex). - The meeting between U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden and Mexican ministers has begun with a call to strengthen trade along the common border.
Mexican officials at the gathering are Jose Antonio Meade, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Luis Videgaray, Finance Minister.
Welcoming the participants, Videgaray Caso stressed the need of a safer and more efficient border aimed at facilitating trade and free movement of people. He added that the relationship between Mexico and the United States is wide and deep, but that it also provides greater opportunities for both nations.
After this meeting, the U.S. Vice President will meet with Enrique Peņa Nieto.
(c) 2006 Notimex, S.A. de C.V.
Original headline: Vice President Joe Biden meets with Mexican officials
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas