AXIS A1001 Network Door Controller is the first non-proprietary and open IP-based access controller on the market. It is a platform for two different solutions. AXIS Entry Manager (AXIS A1001 with built in software) is a ready-made solution for small- to mid-sized businesses—such as offices, industries and retail stores—with typically 10 doors and basic access control requirements.
For larger enterprise systems, AXIS A1001’s open application programming interface enables Axis’
Initially, Axis launches AXIS A1001 Network Door Controller in the US market in Q4 in 2013.
“Axis started its innovative quest back in 1984 by developing protocol converters and then continued to printers and storage devices before inventing and launching the first network camera in 1996. Although we now enter the physical access control market, our focus will continue to be on network video products. We expect physical access control sales to represent a small, but important, part of our total business,” said Mauritsson.
Further features of the AXIS A1001 Network Door Controller include:
· Open architecture that allows easy integration of video, intrusion detection and other systems. · Support for Power over Ethernet to reduce the need for separate power cables and proprietary cables. · Cardholder data and system configurations are automatically stored and synchronized between controllers and the units can be managed from any computer in the system. · Enabler for an ‘edge’ solution with one controller for each door and a fixed price per door. It is fully scalable, eliminating the traditional central controller multiple of 4, 8, 16 or 32 doors. · Support for most existing reader protocols and reader types, and standard IT and security equipment such as door locks and door position sensors. · The installation wizard and the color coded connectors help users to complete the installation and verify that door locks, readers and other equipment are connected properly. · The API is designed for compliance with ONVIF Profile C (http://www.onvif.org/default.aspx?Contenttype=ArticleDet&tabID=110&mod uleId=487&Aid=60&PR=PR), which will enable interoperability between clients and devices of physical access control systems (PACS) and network-based video systems.
For photos and other resources, please visit: www.axis.com/access_control
* IHS CCTV and Video Surveillance Equipment – World – 2013 For further information, please contact:
Axis has more than 1,400 dedicated employees in 40 locations around the world and cooperates with partners covering 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
http://news.cision.com/axis-communications/i/axis-a1001-network-door-controller,c1371999 AXIS A1001 Network Door Controller
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status