Sept. 22--"Nerds rule!" That's the overwhelming feeling we're getting from readers who've responded to our fall-TV poll.
We asked you to go to seattletimes.com/entertainment and pick the best-looking new and returning television shows. (If you haven't yet cast your vote, you still can here.) At press time, returning shows had more overall votes (800) than new shows, and the phenomenally successful geek-com "The Big Bang Theory" was in the No. 1 spot, followed by ABC's cop drama/romance, "Castle."
Favorite returning shows
1. "The Big Bang Theory" (78 votes)
2. "Castle" (67)
4. "Modern Family" (40)
5. "Parenthood" (37)
New shows drew 563 votes, the clear leader being ABC's new superhero agency drama, "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Michael J. Fox's return to weekly television, a self-titled sitcom, sat in the No. 2 spot.
Promising new shows
1. "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." (104)
2. "The Michael J. Fox Show" (92)
3. "Blacklist" (51)
4. "The Crazy Ones" (47)
5. "Sleepy Hollow" (46)
Thanks for voting and all your comments. We'll keep it all in mind as we navigate this week's onslaught of new and returning shows. Look for daily best bets on the Your Day page inside the B section.
Ladies and gentlemen, start your DVRs!
Doug Knoop, Seattle Times staff
email@example.com or on Twitter @dougknoop
(c)2013 The Seattle Times
Visit The Seattle Times at www.seattletimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows