Sept. 22--"Nerds rule!" That's the overwhelming feeling we're getting from readers who've responded to our fall-TV poll.
We asked you to go to seattletimes.com/entertainment and pick the best-looking new and returning television shows. (If you haven't yet cast your vote, you still can here.) At press time, returning shows had more overall votes (800) than new shows, and the phenomenally successful geek-com "The Big Bang Theory" was in the No. 1 spot, followed by ABC's cop drama/romance, "Castle."
Favorite returning shows
1. "The Big Bang Theory" (78 votes)
2. "Castle" (67)
4. "Modern Family" (40)
5. "Parenthood" (37)
New shows drew 563 votes, the clear leader being ABC's new superhero agency drama, "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Michael J. Fox's return to weekly television, a self-titled sitcom, sat in the No. 2 spot.
Promising new shows
1. "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." (104)
2. "The Michael J. Fox Show" (92)
3. "Blacklist" (51)
4. "The Crazy Ones" (47)
5. "Sleepy Hollow" (46)
Thanks for voting and all your comments. We'll keep it all in mind as we navigate this week's onslaught of new and returning shows. Look for daily best bets on the Your Day page inside the B section.
Ladies and gentlemen, start your DVRs!
Doug Knoop, Seattle Times staff
firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @dougknoop
(c)2013 The Seattle Times
Visit The Seattle Times at www.seattletimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal