The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A light emitting device including semiconductor nanocrystals can have a unipolar construction. The semiconductor nanocrystals emit light during device operation. The size and chemical composition of the semiconductor nanocrystals can be chosen to provide desired emission characteristics. Devices that share a substrate and emit more than one color may be conveniently made."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Deviprasad Jena; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day