The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A method of assembling an integrated circuit (IC) device includes the steps of providing a lead frame or substrate panel, attaching a semiconductor die to the lead frame or substrate panel and electrically coupling the die to the lead frame or substrate panel. The method further includes encapsulating the die with a first encapsulant, and the encapsulating the first encapsulant with a second encapsulant where the second encapsulant includes a material that provides electromagnetic shielding."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Deviprasad Jena; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today