Toyota will again reinforce its commitment to the Hispanic community by sponsoring the Latinos in Tech Innovation and Social Media (LATISM) 2013 Annual Conference, kicking off this week in New York City.
The event, which runs through Sept. 21, brings together community, social media and technology leaders to honor the influencers making the biggest impact and explore new ideas and best practices in social media together.
As the exclusive automotive sponsor, Toyota will engage participants with activities aimed to showcase key conservation, education and safety missions aligning with LATISM priorities that span more than 180,000 members.
Toyota will, once again, serve as lead sponsor of the LATISM Awards Gala. The LATISM Awards Gala will recognize the best performers in social media across several categories, including best bloggers in Parenting, Tech and Food, Best Multicultural Campaign, Best Latin Vlogger and many more.
The @ToyotaLatino Twitter handle, launched to share, listen and learn with the Latino community through social media at LATISM last September, has since reached nearly 3,000 followers and published more than 1,400 tweets. The channel has become a powerful platform for Toyota to engage this growing community at live events and online, as well as share more targeted vehicle information with owners and enthusiasts.
"Toyota has spent the past year boosting our connection to the Hispanic community through social media, especially with our launch of @ToyotaLatino and new partnerships with Latino social media influencers like Jon Secada," said Javier Moreno, manager of corporate communications at Toyota Motor North America. "These initiatives have allowed us to reach even deeper within the Hispanic community to demonstrate our core values, including our commitment to safety and the environment."
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million