President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will visit with families of victims of the Washington Navy Yard shooting and attend a memorial.
The White House says the events are scheduled for Sunday.
The memorial will be held at Marine Barracks Washington, not far from the Navy Yard.
On Monday, 12 people were gunned down by a shooter who was killed by law enforcement at the Navy Yard. The Navy installation re-opened on Thursday for normal operations, though the building where the shooting took place remained closed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original Headline: Obama, first lady, to attend Navy Yard memorial
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- North Korea Frees 85-Year-Old Vet Merrill Newman