President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will visit with families of victims of the Washington Navy Yard shooting and attend a memorial.
The White House says the events are scheduled for Sunday.
The memorial will be held at Marine Barracks Washington, not far from the Navy Yard.
On Monday, 12 people were gunned down by a shooter who was killed by law enforcement at the Navy Yard. The Navy installation re-opened on Thursday for normal operations, though the building where the shooting took place remained closed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original Headline: Obama, first lady, to attend Navy Yard memorial
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Joseph Swedish: WellPoint Readies for Tech Wave
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment