The NFL and the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) have partnered for the third annual NFL Hispanic Heritage Leadership Awards during the 2013 celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month. The awards recognize the contributions of Hispanic leaders in each NFL market.
The Broncos will honor Garcia on Sunday at their Hispanic Heritage game against the Oakland Raiders.
Jim Garcia is the Founder and Executive Director of Clínica Tepeyac, a non-profit organization that was established to provide health care services and health education to the most vulnerable in the Metro Denver area.
Clínica Tepeyac has been recognized locally and nationally as a leading safety net health organization that provides high quality, culturally relevant health care services for those who have very limited options for their medical care. In addition to his involvement with Clínica Tepeyac, Garcia is the Co-Founder of Escuela de Guadalupe and a Founding Trustee for Arrupe Jesuit High School, which were developed to serve predominantly low-income Latino Families.
Each award recipient will select an organization of their choice that serves the local Hispanic community to receive a $2,000 donation.
Garcia has chosen Clínica Tepeyac to receive this donation. Along with providing the highest quality of medical care for patients, the staff at Clínica is equally committed to providing preventative care and education that serves to promote healthy lifestyles and strong families.
Most Popular Stories
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat