The NFL and the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) have partnered for the third annual NFL Hispanic Heritage Leadership Awards during the 2013 celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month. The awards recognize the contributions of Hispanic leaders in each NFL market.
The Broncos will honor Garcia on Sunday at their Hispanic Heritage game against the Oakland Raiders.
Jim Garcia is the Founder and Executive Director of Clínica Tepeyac, a non-profit organization that was established to provide health care services and health education to the most vulnerable in the Metro Denver area.
Clínica Tepeyac has been recognized locally and nationally as a leading safety net health organization that provides high quality, culturally relevant health care services for those who have very limited options for their medical care. In addition to his involvement with Clínica Tepeyac, Garcia is the Co-Founder of Escuela de Guadalupe and a Founding Trustee for Arrupe Jesuit High School, which were developed to serve predominantly low-income Latino Families.
Each award recipient will select an organization of their choice that serves the local Hispanic community to receive a $2,000 donation.
Garcia has chosen Clínica Tepeyac to receive this donation. Along with providing the highest quality of medical care for patients, the staff at Clínica is equally committed to providing preventative care and education that serves to promote healthy lifestyles and strong families.
Most Popular Stories
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid