The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "Solid state lighting (SSL) devices (e.g., devices with light emitting diodes) with reduced dimensions (e.g., thicknesses) and methods of manufacturing are disclosed herein. In one embodiment, an SSL device includes an SSL structure having a first region and a second region laterally spaced apart from the first region and an insulating material between and electrically isolating the first and second regions. The SSL device also includes a conductive material between the first and second regions and adjacent the insulating material to electrically couple the first and second regions in series."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Satyaban Rath; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project