A senior military adviser to Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says Iran is after peace and security and will never start a war, PressTV reported.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran, having a powerful government and an administration emanating from the will of the nation is after peace and security on the basis of justice on regional and global scales," Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi said on Friday.
"Iran will never be the initiator of any war, but it enjoys incredible power to ward off potential aggressors" Rahim Safavi stated.
The military official stated that Iran respects the territorial integrity of its neighbors and seeks to expand economic and political ties with them.
In recent years, Iran has broken new grounds in its defense sector and attained self-sufficiency in producing essential military equipment and systems.
Tehran has repeatedly said that its military might poses no threat to other countries, insisting that its defense doctrine is based on deterrence.
Original headline: Top military official: Iran favors peace, will never start a war
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings