Sept. 20--The fifth annual Milwaukee Film Festival will be held Thursday through Oct. 10.
The 15-day festival will show 241 films, including 104 features and 137 shorts at the Downer Theatre, 2589 N. Downer Ave.; the Oriental Theatre, 2230 N. Farwell Ave.; and Fox-Bay Cinema Grill, 334 E. Silver Spring Drive, Whitefish Bay.
The opening-night film, showing at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, is the German comedy "Break Up Man (Schlussmacher)." The closing-night film, at 7:30 p.m Oct. 10, is the documentary "Blood Brother." Both films show at the Oriental Theatre.
Tickets for the opening- and closing-night films are $20 for the public and $17 for members.
An opening-night party at Discovery World, 500 N. Harbor Drive, starts at 8:30 p.m. Party tickets are $35, $25 for members. Admission to the film and party is $50 and $40.
Admission to other films showing in the festival is $10, with member, senior and child discounts. For a complete schedule and information about films, go to www.mkefilm.org. Tickets are available at theater box offices and at the festival's website.
The Journal Sentinel is a presenting sponsor of the 2013 Milwaukee Film Festival.
(c)2013 the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Visit the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel at www.jsonline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low