Brazilian telecommunications operator Linktel has deployed the Aptilo Service Management Platform (SMP) from Aptilo Networks. Aptilo SMP provides a carrier-class Wi-Fi service to enable and manage mobile data services across Linktel's network of Wi-Fi hotspots.
Linktel currently operates over 2,300 Wi-Fi access points across
With Aptilo, Linktel can provide its customers with services such as hierarchical accounts (e.g., family plans that can connect several devices to one Linktel HotSpot account). Linktel can also offer different levels of services, including free Wi-Fi access on beaches, tiered plans in airports, time-limited access in malls etc., with customized portals for each venue. Aptilo's platform manages the service and user access, and applies billing and charging services.
In the near future, Linktel plans to use the Aptilo platform to enable Wi-Fi offloading.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women