"Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas is developing a contemporary U.S. version of the 19th-century French classic "Les Miserables," Deadline.com reported.
Actor-writer Graham Norris wrote the pilot for the proposed prime time soap.
The show will follow a brilliant lawyer as he runs a legal exoneration program, evades the consequences of his own unjust conviction years before and stays a step ahead of a ruthless prosecutor who can't forgive the past, the entertainment industry news website said.
Thomas is executive producing the project.
A movie musical adaptation of "Les Miserables" was nominated for the best picture Oscar this year. Co-star Anne Hathaway won the best supporting actress Oscar for her performance in the film.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109
- U.K. Girds for Nationwide Strike
- Warren G. Harding's Spicy Love Letters to Be Released
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device