The rumor mill is working overtime as the newest iPhone prepares to make its
Trouble is, no one knows for sure what to expect except Apple, and the Cupertino, Calif.-based company isn't saying much.
Just in case you haven't heard the latest, here is a roundup of what's circulating about the successor to the iPhone 5:
_The new device will debut in September or October, with the dates most frequently circulated as Sept. 10 or Sept. 20.
_The device will be called the iPhone 5S with a cheaper version called the 5C.
_The cheaper version will be housed in plastic instead of metal and will come in six colors: white, black, green, blue, pink and yellow. Siri also may not be offered with the 5C version.
_The more expensive metal 5S would come in gray/silver, gold, black and white.
_Apple will launch a new trade-in program and is already training stores on how it will work.
_The 5S may have a storage option up to 128 GB, compared with the maximum 64 GB for the iPhone 5
_To improve photos in low-light conditions, the camera will have a larger aperture.
_The new phone will have a fingerprint scanner feature to enhance security.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors