The rumor mill is working overtime as the newest iPhone prepares to make its
Trouble is, no one knows for sure what to expect except Apple, and the Cupertino, Calif.-based company isn't saying much.
Just in case you haven't heard the latest, here is a roundup of what's circulating about the successor to the iPhone 5:
_The new device will debut in September or October, with the dates most frequently circulated as Sept. 10 or Sept. 20.
_The device will be called the iPhone 5S with a cheaper version called the 5C.
_The cheaper version will be housed in plastic instead of metal and will come in six colors: white, black, green, blue, pink and yellow. Siri also may not be offered with the 5C version.
_The more expensive metal 5S would come in gray/silver, gold, black and white.
_Apple will launch a new trade-in program and is already training stores on how it will work.
_The 5S may have a storage option up to 128 GB, compared with the maximum 64 GB for the iPhone 5
_To improve photos in low-light conditions, the camera will have a larger aperture.
_The new phone will have a fingerprint scanner feature to enhance security.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions