Ragtime music was tremendously popular, and it flourished for more than 20 years. When the music publishing industry, called "Tin Pan Alley," began selling rags in the late 1800's, the music was too complicated for the average pianist to play. Sheet music had to be considerably simplified for sales. Ragtime musicians often earned substantial income by teaching the ragtime style.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Free Social Media Marketing Seminar
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Trader Denies Rate-Rigging in LIBOR Scandal
- Falling Gas Costs Keep U.S. Consumer Prices Flat
- How Do You Store the Wind?
- Mandela, Walker Among Google's Top Searches
- BlackBerry Sheds More Execs
- Mega Millions Jackpot Climbs to $586 Million
- Budget Bill Passes Key Hurdle in Senate
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach