Sept. 02--Those pesky "50 Shades of Grey" casting rumors have finally been put to rest!
"Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam will play Christian Grey in the hotly anticipated film adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel, while "Ben and Kate's" Dakota Johnson has been cast as Anastasia Steele, James announced via Twitter Monday.
"I am delighted to let you know that the lovely Dakota Johnson has agreed to be our Anastasia in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey," James tweeted.
She then followed up by writing: "The gorgeous and talented Charlie Hunnam will be Christian Grey in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey."
Johnson, 23, is the daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
Before Hunnam, 33, and Johnson were named the leads, rumors swirled that everyone from Ryan Gosling to Ian Somerhalder would play Christian, while everyone from Emma Roberts to Shailene Woodley would play Anastasia.
The flick is slated to hit theaters on Aug. 1.
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal