Sept. 02--Those pesky "50 Shades of Grey" casting rumors have finally been put to rest!
"Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam will play Christian Grey in the hotly anticipated film adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel, while "Ben and Kate's" Dakota Johnson has been cast as Anastasia Steele, James announced via Twitter Monday.
"I am delighted to let you know that the lovely Dakota Johnson has agreed to be our Anastasia in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey," James tweeted.
She then followed up by writing: "The gorgeous and talented Charlie Hunnam will be Christian Grey in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey."
Johnson, 23, is the daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
Before Hunnam, 33, and Johnson were named the leads, rumors swirled that everyone from Ryan Gosling to Ian Somerhalder would play Christian, while everyone from Emma Roberts to Shailene Woodley would play Anastasia.
The flick is slated to hit theaters on Aug. 1.
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday