Sept. 02--Those pesky "50 Shades of Grey" casting rumors have finally been put to rest!
"Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam will play Christian Grey in the hotly anticipated film adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel, while "Ben and Kate's" Dakota Johnson has been cast as Anastasia Steele, James announced via Twitter Monday.
"I am delighted to let you know that the lovely Dakota Johnson has agreed to be our Anastasia in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey," James tweeted.
She then followed up by writing: "The gorgeous and talented Charlie Hunnam will be Christian Grey in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey."
Johnson, 23, is the daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
Before Hunnam, 33, and Johnson were named the leads, rumors swirled that everyone from Ryan Gosling to Ian Somerhalder would play Christian, while everyone from Emma Roberts to Shailene Woodley would play Anastasia.
The flick is slated to hit theaters on Aug. 1.
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million