PAUL MICHAEL GLASER, one of the best-known stars from TV history, will be coming to the Hall for Cornwall next April in Fiddler On The Roof.
Its record-breaking Broadway premiere firmly established it as a favourite with lovers of musical theatre. The show is filled with memorable and instantly recognisable songs including If I Were A Rich Man, Matchmaker Matchmaker, Sunrise Sunset, To Life and many more.
This new production is brought to the stage by the award-winning producers of The King And I and High Society, and is directed and choreographed by Strictly Come Dancing's Craig Revel Horwood.
Tevye, the local milkman in his village of Anatevka, has always stuck by his traditions but suddenly his headstrong daughters decide that they want to marry for love rather than accept whatever Yente the Matchmaker comes up with. Tevye loves his daughters but has to convince his wife, and the villagers, that their decisions are actually falling in with tradition - not an easy thing to do but if anyone can do it, the wily Tevye can, even if it means conjuring up ghosts of dead wives and scaring his own wife to bits in order to get her to agree.
Tradition is all well and good but, in the end, the world moves on, as do the villagers but maybe not for the reasons they would have liked.
Glaser, who will play the lead role of Tevye, was in the 1971 film version of the musical in the role of Perchik, but is probably best known for playing David Starsky in the iconic Starsky And Hutch TV series (four seasons, 1975 to 1979) opposite heart-throb David Soul.
Fiddler On The Roof will be at the Hall for Cornwall from Tuesday, April 8 to Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 7.30pm - with matinees on Saturday and Thursday at 2.30pm.
Tickets are from Pounds 17 to Pounds 40, with concessions and group deals available.
Call the box office on 01872 262466 or book online at www.hallforcornwall.co.uk
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?