Sandra Bullock is to be honored at the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards ceremony in Beverly Hills, Calif., next month, organizers announced Thursday.
The Oscar-winning star of "The Blind Side" is to receive the Hollywood Actress Award for her performance in Alfonso Cuaron's dramatic thriller "Gravity."
The prize will be bestowed at a gala Oct. 21 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
"We are honored to present the Hollywood Actress Award to Sandra Bullock for her outstanding work in 'Gravity,'" ceremony founder and executive producer Carlos de Abreu said in a statement. "Holding the screen alone for a large part of the film, she delivers a stunning and emotionally layered performance that shows once again why she is one of Hollywood's most respected and popular actresses."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore