Sandra Bullock is to be honored at the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards ceremony in Beverly Hills, Calif., next month, organizers announced Thursday.
The Oscar-winning star of "The Blind Side" is to receive the Hollywood Actress Award for her performance in Alfonso Cuaron's dramatic thriller "Gravity."
The prize will be bestowed at a gala Oct. 21 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
"We are honored to present the Hollywood Actress Award to Sandra Bullock for her outstanding work in 'Gravity,'" ceremony founder and executive producer Carlos de Abreu said in a statement. "Holding the screen alone for a large part of the film, she delivers a stunning and emotionally layered performance that shows once again why she is one of Hollywood's most respected and popular actresses."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes