Sandra Bullock is to be honored at the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards ceremony in Beverly Hills, Calif., next month, organizers announced Thursday.
The Oscar-winning star of "The Blind Side" is to receive the Hollywood Actress Award for her performance in Alfonso Cuaron's dramatic thriller "Gravity."
The prize will be bestowed at a gala Oct. 21 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
"We are honored to present the Hollywood Actress Award to Sandra Bullock for her outstanding work in 'Gravity,'" ceremony founder and executive producer Carlos de Abreu said in a statement. "Holding the screen alone for a large part of the film, she delivers a stunning and emotionally layered performance that shows once again why she is one of Hollywood's most respected and popular actresses."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges