Mercator Advisory Group’s Tenth Annual U.S. Open-Loop Prepaid Cards Market Assessment and Prepaid Market Overview is the first of the annual trilogy of closely followed prepaid benchmark reports (Open-Loop, Closed-Loop, and Prepaid Market Forecast) that provide a thorough analysis and documentation of the growth and development of the prepaid industry. The report benchmarks the load, growth, and market dynamics for open-loop prepaid products in 18 different market segments.
For several reasons that are identified in this report, the total dollars loaded in the open-loop prepaid market grew by only 6 percent to
Within the 19 open-loop prepaid market segments tracked by this report, the Cash Access category, which includes Travel cards, Open-Loop Gift cards, Open Money and Financial Services cards, and Money Remittance/Person-to-Person cards, was the fastest growing, but even so, it grew at a combined rate of only 12 percent, with a total load of
“Growth in the open-loop prepaid market has been driven by the cash access and government categories, but the future growth of the market could be hurt by excessive regulations,” says
Highlights of the report include:
• Detail of dollars loaded onto prepaid open-loop cards across 18 segments
• New data that shed additional light on government benefits cards and prepaid cash access cards
• Information on the declining growth rates across all segments and the one segment where growth continued to increase.
This report contains 33 pages and 23 exhibits.
Companies mentioned in this report include: Ace Hardware,
Members of Mercator Advisory Group’s Prepaid Advisory Service have access to this report as well as the upcoming research for the year ahead, presentations, analyst access, and other membership benefits.
For more information and media inquiries, please call
For free industry news, opinions, research, company information and more visit us at http://www.PaymentsJournal.com.
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/MercatorAdvisor.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11023063.htm
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs