Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from Baoji University Arts and Sciiences, "The full-vector finite element method with anisotropic perfectly matched layers is used to investigate the guiding properties. Numerical results show that the dispersion variation is within 0 +/- 0.97 ps.km(-1).nm(-1) in the C+L+U band, and the corresponding nonlinear coefficient and birefringence are about 72.4 W-1.km(-1) and 3.3 x 10(-3) at 1.55 mu m, respectively."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The ultra-flattened dispersion feature, as well as the high nonlinearity coefficient and high birefringence are the main advantages of the proposed PCF structure, making it suitable as a dispersion compensator, chromatic dispersion controller, or as candidate for nonlinear optical applications."
For more information on this research see: Highly Nonlinear Dispersion-Flattened Photonic Crystal Fiber with High Birefringence.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from Q. Xu, Baoji Univ Arts & Sci,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia