Networking vendor Brocade today announced new VCS fabric capabilities that are said to provide native multi-tenancy, storage-aware networking and 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) performance.
The company has also extended its Brocade VDX switch portfolio by introducing Brocade VDX 6740 and 6740T Ethernet fabric Top of Rack (ToR) switches featuring 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports with 40 GbE uplinks. Together with Brocade VCS Fabric technology, these switches are designed to deliver "the high performance and low latency needed to support demanding virtualised data centre environments".
"As cloud environments in the
"At the same time, poor network resilience, limited automation, and configuration and orchestration complexity can hamper or even disrupt the ability of providers to meet SLAs with their clients. Brocade VCS Fabric technology helps resolve these challenges."
There are currently several possible network segmentation approaches, optimised for different requirements, including scale, Layer 3 architectures, hypervisor choices, organisational norms, staff skill sets, and other considerations.
Within Brocade VCS fabrics, all major techniques and combinations are supported, from hypervisor-based solutions to Layer 3 and Layer 2 separation, including the Layer 2 construct, VCS Virtual Fabric capability.
"This simple, network-based approach to multitenant scale uses proven, standards-based network segmentation techniques, making it easier to incorporate this new capability into the network with zero learning curve and minimum disruption to current operational and organisational models," Brocade said.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise