A quick burst of 9 links for you to chew over, as picked by the Technology team
Cyanogen Mod closes
Lasky's venture capital firm funded them:
The Cyanogen Mod, or "CM", is the most comprehensive and successful Android firmware distribution in the world. It is based upon
With literally billions of Android devices in users' hands, the opportunity is enormous for an Android-based OS like CM that leverages the Android app development community. According to reports, more than half of existing Android devices run an out-of-date version of the OS. Installing CM improves performance, increases data security, and insures compatibility with the tens of thousands of available Android apps.
As long as they're running
Economic collapse seen through aerial photos of abandoned mansions >> Wired.com
Simply a lovely aerial gallery of locations in
BlackBerry's August quarter will reveal whether the company has to be chopped up >> Forbes
The context here is that Q10, Z10 and Z5 were aimed at what was a 70m strong BlackBerry user base just a few short months ago. The inability of that existing pool of users to absorb more units is the real horror here. It implies sky high defection rates to competing OS camps. Yet BlackBerry has been able to pull rabbits from the hat in some tough periods in the past; opaque emerging market carrier orders sometimes come in stronger than what US analysts project.
If the BB10 units grew from 2.8m in the May quarter to 3.3m or higher in the August quarter, there is a chance that BlackBerry might find a willing buyer. 15% or higher QoQ momentum offers a glimmer of hope, even with the big spring volume disappointment...
BlackBerry could be worth a substantial amount even if it is dismantled and sold piecemeal. But the investor mood about patent portfolios has darkened a fair bit since
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Sonoma Growers Win Emerald Cup Cannabis Competition
- Rubio Offers Endorsements, Cash to 2014 GOP Candidates
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Cantor Fitzgerald Settles Suit
- GM Plant Tackles Tough Waste Challenge
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- Pope Removes U.S. Archbishop from Powerful Post
- 'New Rich' May Be Barrier to Bridging Income Gap
- Researchers Question Effectiveness of Vitamins