technology Research -->
The grant, which will be awarded over five years, will fund the continuation of an
"This will further and solidify our efforts in the areas of drug delivery and nanomedicine," Dr. Bronich said.
"It allows us to continue our truly interdisciplinary research at the university."
In addition, the grant will support two research core facilities: the bioimaging core, directed by
The Nanomedicine COBRE provides UNMC with unique expertise and resources, said
"Dr. Bronich has done a great job, not only in mentoring faculty actively involved in this COBRE, but in actively engaging other faculty, including clinical faculty, to identify new opportunities to extend this work into clinical care," Dr. Larsen said.
The renewal of the
"This grant was first funded in 2008, with the scientific mission to improve drug delivery, through basic and applied advances in nanotechnology, in order to advance treatment of human diseases," he said. "This five-year renewal provides the strongest evidence possible that Dr. Bronich and her team of scientists have made considerable progress on this mission -- and most importantly, has laid out a compelling plan for their future work."
Dr. Fletcher said the renewal also affirms that the drug delivery program at the
The COBRE grant will support five projects:
Project: MUC4 nanovaccine for pancreatic cancer
Project: Renal drug targeting for the treatment of lupus nephritis
Project: The role of nanoformulated Cu/ZnSOD in reducing systemic hypertension in obesity
Project: Development of metabolically active linkers (MALs) to improve diagnostic and radiotherapeutic HPMA copolymers
Project: Neuroprotective regulatory T cells as vehicles for nanoformulated growth factor delivery to an injured brain
TNS 30TagarumaMar-130918-4490894 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Hispanic PR Firm Launches Chicago Chapter