FOLLOWING the huge success of St Austell's community play, As Well Be Shot As Be Starved, Restormel Arts is delighted to announce the film of the reenactment of the Bread Riots will be shown at Cornwall Film Festival in November. Film-maker Tom Turner, of Paramore Productions, recorded a video diary of the making of the play, from meetings to auditions, shout-outs to the final production, Tom was the fly on the wall. He became so much a part of the events that he quietly melted into the background and cast and crew forgot he was there. Following hours of editing, Tom produced the film of the riots held in St Austell on Saturday, July 6, and recently decided at the very last call for entries to send a copy to Cornwall Film Festival.
Restormel Arts' directors, cast and crew have already seen the film and were blown away by Tom's take on events.
Editing of the performance of the play continues and Tom is hoping to enter next year's film festival with the full length film.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison