FOLLOWING the huge success of St Austell's community play, As Well Be Shot As Be Starved, Restormel Arts is delighted to announce the film of the reenactment of the Bread Riots will be shown at Cornwall Film Festival in November. Film-maker Tom Turner, of Paramore Productions, recorded a video diary of the making of the play, from meetings to auditions, shout-outs to the final production, Tom was the fly on the wall. He became so much a part of the events that he quietly melted into the background and cast and crew forgot he was there. Following hours of editing, Tom produced the film of the riots held in St Austell on Saturday, July 6, and recently decided at the very last call for entries to send a copy to Cornwall Film Festival.
Restormel Arts' directors, cast and crew have already seen the film and were blown away by Tom's take on events.
Editing of the performance of the play continues and Tom is hoping to enter next year's film festival with the full length film.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend