ION GNSS+ 2013
Whether for emergency or consumer applications, the determination of a mobile device’s vertical position while indoors presents unique challenges. Given the environment, even when a GNSS receiver attains a fix, a mobile device cannot reliably use the reported altitude. Beacon-based techniques, such as those derived from Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, remain challenging as they often rely on GNSS-based crowdsourcing or costly venue characterization. The built-in barometric pressure sensors in recent smartphones today bring a new ability to estimate altitude; however, each have unique and variable characteristics which prevent floor-level accuracy without further assistance.
Rx Networks’ new Zed™ solution combines accurate geo-reference barometric pressure data (from Custom Weather, a global provider of real-time weather information), automatic device characterization, and pressure crowdsourcing along with existing location services to determine a device’s altitude within 1 to 3 meters.
The Zed™ solution will be commercially available at the start of 2014 and will be available either on its own, or as an optional feature alongside Rx Networks’ GPStream™ Assisted-GNSS and XYBRID™ hybrid location solutions.
For more information a demonstration of Zed™, please see the
About Custom Weather
Custom Weather provides syndicated content for complete global weather coverage including sophisticated weather forecasts, maps, tracking and alert services covering over 70,000 locations worldwide (http://www.customweather.com).
Hybrid Positioning. Indoors. Outdoors. Every “Where”.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11123841.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status