Verdict: ????? KATY HALL THEIR sound may be more 1985 than 1975, but 2013 has already proved to be an instrumental year for the Manchester four-piece.
They had hundreds of teen to 50-something fans singing in time as singer Matt Healy launched into one of the group's hits, The City.
With the crowd well and truly warmed up, an all-in-black Healy jackknifed his mop of unruly hair back and forth, a moody and mysterious silhouette against the stage's bright back lights.
A guitar-driven Sex gave way to the thrashing groove rhythm of Talk!
Radio favourite Chocolate sounded as sweet as its subject matter and encapsulated this band's knack of meshing catchy guitar riffs with ingrained melodies and echoing vocals. For a grungy, indie- looking band, these guys couldn't be more polished.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal