Nokia has delayed the launch of a large-screen phablet device, originally planned for late September, following a deal to sell its handset business to Microsoft, a source told Reuters.
Nokia had planned to announce a smartphone with a screen larger than 5 inches, according to sources familiar with the plan prior to the Microsoft deal. One of the sources said the launch event, originally scheduled to take place in New York late this month, has been pushed back by several weeks.
Reuters could not confirm a new date, and a Nokia spokesman declined to comment.
(c) 2013 Global Data Point. All Rights Reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Nokia delays phablet launch - report
Most Popular Stories
- Diplomatic, Financial Fix Sought for Ukraine Crisis
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Las Vegas Casino Wants 'Blackout Drunk' Gambler to Pony up $500,000
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit
- Stocks Get Green Light on Weekly Jobless Claims
- Staples Closing Stores, Moving Online
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Costco Revenue Up, Profits Down in Q2
- Hillary Clinton Smacks Putin Again