Nokia has delayed the launch of a large-screen phablet device, originally planned for late September, following a deal to sell its handset business to Microsoft, a source told Reuters.
Nokia had planned to announce a smartphone with a screen larger than 5 inches, according to sources familiar with the plan prior to the Microsoft deal. One of the sources said the launch event, originally scheduled to take place in New York late this month, has been pushed back by several weeks.
Reuters could not confirm a new date, and a Nokia spokesman declined to comment.
(c) 2013 Global Data Point. All Rights Reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Nokia delays phablet launch - report
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter