Nokia has delayed the launch of a large-screen phablet device, originally planned for late September, following a deal to sell its handset business to Microsoft, a source told Reuters.
Nokia had planned to announce a smartphone with a screen larger than 5 inches, according to sources familiar with the plan prior to the Microsoft deal. One of the sources said the launch event, originally scheduled to take place in New York late this month, has been pushed back by several weeks.
Reuters could not confirm a new date, and a Nokia spokesman declined to comment.
(c) 2013 Global Data Point. All Rights Reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Nokia delays phablet launch - report
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules