Nokia has delayed the launch of a large-screen phablet device, originally planned for late September, following a deal to sell its handset business to Microsoft, a source told Reuters.
Nokia had planned to announce a smartphone with a screen larger than 5 inches, according to sources familiar with the plan prior to the Microsoft deal. One of the sources said the launch event, originally scheduled to take place in New York late this month, has been pushed back by several weeks.
Reuters could not confirm a new date, and a Nokia spokesman declined to comment.
(c) 2013 Global Data Point. All Rights Reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Nokia delays phablet launch - report
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million