Communications and Information Technology Minister
"The Tribunal decision notes that the Crown has already had the benefit of the Tribunal's advice on earlier, similar claims in making its decision regarding the allocation of spectrum," Ms Adams says.
The allocation of the 700 MHz band of spectrum will allow the building of fourth generation (4G) mobile networks using the spectrum freed up by the switchover to digital television.
The auction is scheduled to start on
The use of mobile broadband services is growing at an enormous rate in
"The auction will enable early access for New Zealanders to 4G mobile technology, particularly in rural areas.
"Indications are that by using the spectrum for 4G mobile networks, we can expect economic benefits for
The Government has a number of initiatives underway to ensure Maori have access to the benefits of digital technology.
In addition, the Government is investigating the creation of a
CC AutoTriage1pm-130918-30TagarumaMar-4490523 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women