The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "Systems and methods for malware containment and security analysis on connection are provided. Digital devices are quarantined for a predetermined period of time upon connection to the communication network. When a digital device is quarantined, all network data transmitted by the digital device is directed to a controller which then analyzes the network data to identify unauthorized activity and/or malware within the newly connected digital device. An exemplary method to contain malware includes detecting a digital device upon connection with a communication network, quarantining network data from the digital device for a predetermined period of time, transmitting a command to the digital device to activate a security program to identify security risks, and analyzing the network data to identify malware within the digital device."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Satyaban Rath; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects