Dr. Roper's contributions to the overall success of the Entuity Network Management solution are as far reaching as they are deep. They include projects that both increase the overall understanding of how networks operate while also being translated into solid product features that help ease the overall burden of managing several hundred to thousands of network devices scattered around the globe. These include significant advances and enhancements in the areas of QoS, MPLS, IPSLA, service monitoring, configuration management, flow analysis, topology discovery, AA-NPM, virtualization support, routing protocols, XML API support, device support, device modeling, VoIP, and IPv6.
Dr. Roper has also been instrumental in defining and advancing the underlying intelligent architecture of the Entuity solution. Unlike other network management systems, Entuity is efficient by design. Rather than being a collection of previously acquired products that have been bolted together, Entuity is a unified solution with all the core functionality needed to run the network in a lot less time. And like the overall architecture, Entuity architectural elements must be agile to enable fast response to change. Legacy network management solutions, which generally require hard coding changes to data models, are not built to rapidly adapt. Entuity's extensible processing engine is designed to readily integrate new classes of infrastructure entities into the Entuity management environment. This enables Entuity to define object models upon a customer's request and to quickly add support for the desired technologies.
According to Dr. Roper, "It sounds clichÉ, but network management technology is evolving faster now than ever. The application of network insight to APM, the likely emergence of SDN architectures, the continuing demands on network management as a holistic functional discipline spanning operations to executive decision-making, and more make the task of remaining a leader in the space quite challenging and rewarding. At Entuity, we are committed to being the absolute best source of network insight in the Universe, and I'm very excited to be a part of it."
Entuity President and CEO,
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief